Saturday, May 23, 2009

 

Another Day in China

We are back at Shepherds’ field and I have spent my first day here ill. I have some kind of sinus thing going on and in order not to infect anyone else I am trying to stay by myself. I spent the morning in bed and did not make my regular call to home. I have taken some sinus medicine that James and Janine brought with them, so we will see.
Our days here are growing shorter; we will be home in 13 days. I t does not seem possible that we have been here that long at times, and other times it seems forever.
I found myself very melancholy this morning wanting to see my home and my husband, and my animals and sit on my deck by the creek in my back yard. I miss them more than I can say.
I will not be able to see the children until I am well, I cannot risk getting them sick.
Everyone else seems to be fine.
It is much cooler here than in south China, so that is a relief.
Janine and Hannah, David, Gabriel, Elijah are all spending the day with the Foster parents David lived with. They are Americans from Wisconsin originally. James has gone to set up someone’s computer in their home. Doctor Moody is not far from here and he will find me something to do when I am well enough. There are several Americans here now, the special education teacher is American from New York, her name is Dawn, and she lives in an apartment upstairs where we are staying. She has been here for several months and loves it here. You can tell she enjoys her job; the lord just shines through her.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]